Here at Woodland Wonder we love a delicious icy pole on a warm summer’s day!
That’s why we’ve rounded up our favourite icy pole recipes so you can get in the summer mood and celebrate the warm weather.
Icy poles make great healthy and refreshing snacks for the whole family and the best part? They are easy enough for little hands to make as well!
Try these tasty recipes now:
Mango Icy Poles:
- 3 ripe mangoes chopped
- 1 cup vanilla yoghurt
- Place mango pieces in the bowl of a food processor and process the pieces until smooth
- Transfer into another bowl and add vanilla yoghurt. Then, gently fold the mixtur
e until everything is combined
- Spoon the mango mixture evenly among eight 80ml (1/3-cup) capacity ice-block moulds
- Place in the freezer for 8 hours or until firm
- Pull out of the freezer on a warm afternoon and bask in the sun while feasting on your tasty snack!
Frozen Choc Bananas:
- 4 large ripe bananas, peeled and cut into thirds crosswise
- ¾ cups of chocolate chips (melted)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Line your baking tray with baking paper
- Pop a paddle pop stick into each banana
- Use a spatula to cover each banana with the melted chocolate
- Roll in coconut
- Freeze for approximately 2 hours
Fruit Salad Icy Poles:
- 1 peach
- 2 kiwis peeled and sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¾ cup strawberries hulled and halved
- 1 ½ – 2 cups of grape juice (preferably white)
- Arrange a few pieces of each fruit into approximately eight icy pole molds
- Make sure the fruit pieces are placed close together
- Pour enough juice into each mold to just cover fruit
- Insert paddle pop sticks and freeze until solid. This should take approximately 8 hours
- Serve and enjoy with the whole family!
Which icy pole recipe are you going to make with your little ones? Do you have a great recipe we need to try? Comment and share it with us below!